To successfully resolve disputes with the government, attorneys must have a comprehensive knowledge of the substance of the laws at issue and an appreciation for how the government works. A firm with a breadth and depth of experience in such work is best positioned to help its clients achieve their goals.
Thompson & Knight has represented clients before federal, state, and local entities for more than 50 years. Furthermore, our attorneys have dedicated many years to public service through a diverse array of positions, including:
- Acting Chief Counsel and Deputy Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service;
- U.S. Attorney and Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Northern District of Texas;
- Assistant U.S. Attorney, Chief of General Crimes, Eastern District of New York;
- Trial Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, Tax Division;
- Regional Administrator, Securities and Exchange Commission;
- Attorney, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency;
- Director, Legal Division, Public Utility Commission of Texas;
- Assistant Attorney General of Texas, Tax Division;
- Attorney, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality;
- Legislative Aide, Texas House of Representatives;
- Briefing Attorney, First Court of Civil Appeals in Houston;
- Assistant District Attorney, Harris and Tarrant County District Attorney’s Offices; and
- Member, City of Austin Planning Commission.