We have developed effective strategies to help employers fully comply with all applicable laws and regulations:
- We conduct training programs to acquaint supervisors with key legal issues in conducting internal labor relations audits, union avoidance, equal employment opportunity, and sexual harassment, and follow up by providing regular updates on new labor and employment law developments.
- We audit employment policies, applications, evaluation forms, and wage-and-hour classifications to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- We advise employers on making, communicating, and implementing sound and defensible disciplinary and discharge decisions.
- We assist with internal investigations of alleged sexual harassment and other employee misconduct, and guide employers when discipline or discharge of employees is necessary.
- We draft employee handbooks and personnel policies, substance abuse policies, discretionary bonus and retention bonus programs, employee termination and conditional reinstatement agreements, and other important employment documents.
- We show employers how to prepare and implement ERISA-covered occupational injury benefit plans as an alternative to statutory workers' compensation for their Texas employees.
- We help employers implement the elements of workforce reductions including selection of employees for layoff, notification requirements, severance benefits, and separation programs with enforceable releases of potential employee claims.
- We advise on the ramifications and proper handling of labor, employment, and benefits law issues in business sales, mergers, and acquisitions.
- We help employers devise strategies to protect their confidential information, competitive advantages, and goodwill from injury by current and former employees.