Thompson & Knight is committed to the well-being, growth, success, and advancement of our attorneys. To that end, we invest in our attorneys early and often, and provide policies, programming, and opportunities to support their changing needs.
The Firm “really invests in its young associates, via training and both formal and informal mentorships.” – Chambers Associate 2018
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" by the Dallas Business Journal for 16 consecutive years
We understand that at various times in their careers, attorneys, regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, or age, may have obligations that require greater flexibility. Thompson & Knight has several policies and programs that support inclusion and advancement within the Firm during these times in our attorneys’ lives.
- Parental Leave Policy: The Firm offers up to 26 weeks of leave for attorneys who become new parents (either by birth, adoption, or foster care). For attorneys giving birth and primary caregivers, the paid period of the leave is 18 weeks. For non-primary caregivers, the paid period of the leave is 4 weeks.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: The Firm offers flexible work schedules for lawyers seeking reduced-hour schedules, including an Associate Reduced-Hours Program, Income Partner Reduced-Hours Policy, and telecommuting options.
Thompson & Knight supports and facilitates our diverse attorneys’ participation in local and national programs, conferences, and organizations focusing on leadership and empowerment, offering meaningful networking and marketing opportunities, and providing ongoing professional development.
- LCLD Pathfinders Program: Designed for high-potential women and diverse early-career attorneys, this program provides Pathfinders with practical tools for developing and leveraging professional networks and leadership skills. Our LCLD Pathfinders include Nadia E. Haghighatian and Courtney Jamison Roane.
- LCLD Fellows Program: Designed for high-potential women and diverse senior attorneys, the goal of this program is to produce a generation of attorneys with strong leadership and relationship skills who are committed to fostering diversity within their companies and the profession at large. Our LCLD Fellows include Vishal H. Patel, Vivian M. Arias, Gregory D. Binns, Adrienne E. Dominguez, and Demetra L. Liggins.
- Corporate Counsel Women of Color: For more than a decade, we have participated in the Corporate Counsel Women of Color Conference, a career strategies conference that facilitates networking opportunities, promotes career advancement and successes, and advocates for global diversity in the legal profession.
- Equality Texas Foundation: Thompson & Knight actively supports Equality Texas, which educates and engages the public about policies and their effect on Texans of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
- Texas Minority Counsel Program: For more than a decade, the Firm has participated in TMCP, a client development, networking, and CLE organization established by the State Bar of Texas Diversity in the Profession Committee to increase opportunities for minority, women, and LGBTQ attorneys.
- ChIPs Network Inc.: The Firm is an active supporter of ChIPs, a nonprofit organization that advances and connects women in technology, law, and policy.