Our attorneys assist with all aspects of capital formation and are particularly adept at public offerings of debt and equity securities. The Firm was recognized in the Corporate/M&A category by the prestigious Chambers USA 2014 directory, which notes that Thompson & Knight is “well versed in all manner of capital markets offerings, registrations and other transactions in the energy space.”
We advise issuers and underwriters on the analysis, structure, and management of such transactions, beginning with pre-transaction planning and due diligence. We prepare and file registration statements and other offering materials, FINRA filings, and “blue sky” registrations and exemptions, and advocate on our clients’ behalf when rating agencies review debt securities. In addition, we advise clients after a securities offering on reporting and compliance requirements under all federal and state securities laws. Our attorneys represent both domestic and international issuers and underwriters in public offerings, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, shelf registrations, Rule 144A offerings, and spin-off transactions.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in all aspects of the initial public offering process, including:
- conducting thorough due diligence reviews;
- developing and implementing pre-offering restructurings;
- attending to and implementing executive and employee benefit plans;
- advising issuers about anti-takeover mechanisms;
- working with management and the underwriters to tell the company's story effectively in the prospectus;
- preparing the registration statement and listing application;
- working with the Securities and Exchange Commission staff;
- negotiating the underwriting terms and conditions; and
- coordinating the efforts of selling stockholders.