Thompson & Knight has been counsel to some of the world’s largest and most complex projects. Our experience includes storage and offloading facilities (PSOs and FPSOs), gathering and transportation pipelines, gathering and processing facilities, field-wide onshore and offshore production, LNG import and export facilities, distributed LNG facilities for diesel displacement, gas-to-liquids (GTL) projects, railway transloading projects, petroleum and petrochemical refineries, ethylene crackers, electric power generation plants (merchant and cogeneration of steam), electric transmission and distribution facilities, and others. This experience includes all aspects of project development, including:
- debt and equity finance;
- engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contracts;
- commodity and currency risk management;
- community relations;
- environmental concerns;
- counter-party and political risk management;
- operating and maintenance agreements;
- management services agreements;
- fuel and power supply;
- governmental and regulatory relations;
- insurance, operations, and maintenance;
- marketing and trading contracts;
- offtake arrangement; and
- siting and real estate issues.
Our international projects practice draws on the Firm’s extensive experience in all of these areas to give our clients the unparalleled support from project inception through completion.