John Atkins focuses his practice on litigation and dispute resolution, with an emphasis on work related to insurance, including provider-side healthcare litigation and coverage disputes. John also helps clients secure suitable insurance, draft and understand release and indemnity provisions, and draft contractual insurance terms in connection with deals, and can assist on a wide range of other insurance and indemnity related topics. Apart from insurance, he is an experienced oil and gas title and eminent domain litigator.
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Jorge Solis, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2014
- Judicial Intern, Honorable Michael Simon, U.S. District Court, District of Oregon, 2013
- Policy Analyst, Oregon Insurance Division, 2009-2012
- Legislative Assistant to the Hon. Suzanne Bonamici, Oregon Legislature, 2008-2009
- Legislative Assistant to the Hon. Greg Macpherson, Oregon Legislature, 2006-2007
- Member, State Bar of Texas