The Receiver is monitoring all of the phone calls and emails received from investors and others and is keeping detailed records of investor contact information, amount invested, and other pertinent issues. Further, the appointed Receivers in the United States and St. Vincent are working diligently to identify and seize assets in an effort to maximize the value of the Receivership Estate out of which investors’ claims will be satisfied. The Receivers have closed all of the Defendants’ offices and are working with the Securities and Exchange Commission to review documents and other records pertinent to investor issues, the claims asserted in the SEC’s Complaint, and more. Additionally, the Receivers are working with international and domestic financial and criminal authorities as investigations into William Wise and all other Defendants continue.
Please continue to contact the Receiver via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A detailed status report will be made available via this Web site in the near future. In the interim, please note that the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas entered injunctions against the Defendants and Relief Defendants, copies of which are available on this Web site.
To open the PDF links below, you will need Adobe Reader.
September 17, 2018
June 4, 2015
February 11, 2014
December 3, 2012
May 10, 2012
June 29, 2011
December 10, 2010
April 5, 2010
December 3, 2009
September 22, 2009
July 9, 2009
- On July 9, 2009, the Court held an evidentiary hearing on the Receiver’s July 1, 2009 motion to sell the Wise residence in Raleigh, North Carolina (the motion is available on the Case Documents page). After receiving evidence and witness testimony from the Receiver, SEC, and counsel for Relief Defendant Lynn Wise, the Court granted the motion. Specifically, the Court granted all relief requested by the Receiver and ordered that (1) the house be sold pursuant to the current offer; (2) that the proceeds of the sale be deposited into the Receivership Estate for the benefit of victims and creditors; (3) that Mrs. Wise not receive any portion of the sale proceeds; and (4) Mrs. Wise must cooperate with the Receiver and the SEC in relinquishing the house and all issues relating to a sale and transfer of the property.
July 1, 2009
June 26, 2009
- Statement Regarding WRAL News Reports
- Statement Regarding Scott Christopher
- Statement Regarding Real Property Seized from Defendant Hoegels
- Statement Regarding Lawsuit Against J.P. Morgan
- Statement About Location and Arrest of William Wise
- Statement on Status of Asset Recovery
June 22, 2009
- On June 22, 2009, the Northern District of Texas granted the motions filed by the Receiver on May 22, 2009. Copies of all such orders are available on the Case Documents page. Please continue to monitor this Web site and broadcast emails from the Receiver and his counsel for more details about these orders, their effect, and upcoming actions to be undertaken by the Receiver.
June 8, 2009
June 2, 2009
- Motions Filed Asking for Approval of Procedures to Sell Assets
- Statement Regarding Recent Offers to Represent Investors
May 1, 2009
April 27, 2009
Procedures for notifying the Receiver of your claim and a form for doing so are available on the Claims page of this Web site.
April 3, 2009
- Defendant Jackie Hoegel Agrees to Entry of a Permanent Injunction Against Her
- Defendants Kristi Hoegel and UT of S, LLC Agree to Entry of Preliminary Injunctions Against Them
- Certain Relief Defendants Agree to Preliminary Injunctions
- Millennium Bank, United Trust of Switzerland, Millennium Financial Group, and United T of S, LLC Agree to Preliminary Injunctions
- Court Orders Preliminary Injunctions Freezing Assets and Granting Other Equitable Relief Against Defendants William Wise, Phillipe Angeloni, and Brijesh Chopra
March 26, 2009