Environmental Incident Response: Preparing for and Responding to the Unexpected An environmental incident can result in imminent danger or threat to human health or the environment, in addition to having significant implications for compliance and liability to third parties. Environmental incidents are typically unexpected, but, if prepared for, can be managed appropriately to minimize regulatory liability and liability to third parties.
Please join Thompson & Knight in our Austin, Dallas, and Houston offices for a live video conference highlighting the most significant legal and regulatory aspects of managing an environmental incident, including:
- Minimizing harm to human health or the environment;
- Reporting to appropriate regulatory authorities;
- Internal and external communication strategies, including document preservation, privilege considerations, and communicating with impacted third parties;
- How to respond when a civil or criminal investigator calls;
- Coordinating an internal investigation;
- How to address civil and criminal regulatory liability and liability to or indemnification by third parties; and
- How to prepare for environmental incidents before they happen.
Click here for more information.
Complimentary parking will be provided. CLE/CPE credit is pending approval.