DALLAS — The law firm of Thompson & Knight LLP is pleased to announce it has established a 1L Diversity Fellowship Program to invest in outstanding law students of diverse backgrounds. The program will offer students real-world work experience, industry networking, and on-the-job mentoring that will enhance their opportunities for success throughout law school and in their future careers.
The program will provide meaningful resources such as:
- A paid 1L summer associate position in one of Thompson & Knight’s domestic offices;
- An educational stipend of up to $20,000 to help defray costs associated with educational expenses;
- Participation in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity 1L Scholars Summit as a Thompson & Knight Scholar; and
- Mentoring and training opportunities throughout the year.
“Diversity is a core value of Thompson & Knight’s culture and we recognize its role in enriching our workplace, producing more effective results for our clients, and enhancing the excellent service they expect from us,” said Jessica Hammons, Thompson & Knight’s Firm Wide Hiring Partner. “These fellowships further our commitment to recruit, retain, and advance attorneys who will contribute to the diversity of our Firm and the legal profession.”
First-semester law students may apply online by January 6, 2020. To be eligible, students must:
- Be enrolled full-time in an ABA-accredited law school with an anticipated graduation date of 2022;
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to Thompson & Knight’s diversity and inclusion goals as a result of their backgrounds including cultural, social, and economic experience and personal attributes or characteristics;
- Not be the recipient of a diversity scholarship award or stipend from another law firm paid between January 1 and August 31, 2020; and
- Be a U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States.
For more information on the TK Diversity Fellowship Program, please click here.