HOUSTON — Thompson & Knight and its clients received two Deal of the Year awards from the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Houston in its third year of the annual recognition. The awards celebrate Houston’s booming middle-market deal community and honor the companies, deals, and dealmakers who drive middle-market growth and resulting in job growth, capital formation, and the advancement of meaningful business relationships in the Houston community.
Thompson & Knight and its clients received Deal of the Year awards in the following categories:
- Oil & Gas Deal of the Year (less than $500MM): Combination of SCAN OAK LLC, successor by merger to Scandrill Ltd., LP, and Voyager Acquisition LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of VYGR Holdings LLC
- Thompson & Knight represented Scandrill Ltd., LP, a Houston-based drilling contractor, in its merger with VYGR Holdings, LLC.
- The Firm’s deal team included Bill McDonald, Andrew P. Flint, Susan Fisher, and Sarah H. Frazier.
- Oil & Gas Deal of the Year (more than $500MM): Ajax Resources $1.25 Billion Sale of Permian Assets
- Thompson & Knight represented Ajax Resources LLC in the sale of its northern Midland Basin assets to Houston-based Diamondback Energy Inc. for $1.25 billion, one of the largest recent deals in the Permian.
- The Firm’s deal team included Robert P. Dougherty III, Wesley P. Williams, Debra J. Villarreal, J. Dean Hinderliter, Courtney Jamison Roane, Aaron C. Powell, Jason Patrick Loden, Anthony J. Campiti, and William J. Schuerger.
Thompson & Knight and its clients were recognized as finalists in the following category:
- Oil & Gas Deal of the Year (more than $500MM): Sale of Sierra Oil & Gas to DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG
- Thompson & Knight represented EnCap Investments in the cross-border 100% equity sale of independent Mexican company Sierra Oil and Gas to German exploration and production company DEA Deutsche Erdoel.
- The Firm’s deal team included Roger D. Aksamit, Anna Marie Dempsey, John R. Cohn, and Nathan W. Stone.
Last year, Thompson & Knight and its client Roan Resources, Inc. & Roan Holdings, LLC received the Deal of the Year award in the “Oil & Gas (more than $500 million)” category.
Winners were selected by an independent panel of esteemed judges and top business leaders. Criteria for the nominations included a closing date between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2020 as well as deals closing between October 1, 2018 and December 31,
2018 for transactions with a tie to the Greater Houston area. Nomination criteria also included transaction value range, industry focus, type of transaction, and anecdotal commentary on what made the deal unique. The judges evaluated deals based on the parties’ submissions as well as the overall story, economic and strategic impact to the Houston community, stakeholder value, and professional expertise required in executing the transaction. To learn more, visit www.acg.org/houston.