HOUSTON, Texas (February 8, 2019) – The law firm of Thompson & Knight LLP is pleased to announce the Firm and its clients received a Deal of the Year award from the Association for Corporate Growth (“ACG”) – Houston at the organization’s second annual awards ceremony on February 5. The event celebrated Houston’s booming middle-market deal community, honoring the companies, deals, and dealmakers who drive middle market growth and their success in generating job growth, capital formation, and the advancement of meaningful business relationships in the Houston community.
Thompson & Knight and its clients received the Deal of the Year award in the following category:
- Oil and Gas Deal of the Year (more than $500MM): Roan Resources Consolidation.
- Thompson & Knight represented Roan Holdings, LLC in connection with the combination of its Oklahoma SCOOP and STACK assets with similar assets held by Linn Energy, Inc. to form Roan Resources, Inc. as a New York Stock Exchange listed public company.
- The Firm’s deal team included Timothy T. Samson, Roger D. Aksamit, Brandon L. Bloom, Jason Patrick Loden, Robert L. Paddock, David M. Bennett, Alan P. Baden, C. Walker Brierre, Stephen W. Grant Jr., Kelsie Haaland, Dasha K. Hodge, Murtuza Hussain, and Steven J. Levitt.
The Firm and its clients were also recognized as a finalist in the following category:
- Oil & Gas Deal of the Year (between $100MM – $500MM): STEP Energy Services Ltd. Acquisition of Tucker Energy Services Holdings, Inc.
- Thompson & Knight represented STEP Energy Services Ltd., a Canadian oilfield service company, in its acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding capital stock of Tucker Energy Services Holdings, Inc.
- The Firm’s deal team included Jeremiah M. Mayfield, Stephen W. Grant Jr., Dasha K. Hodge, J. Dean Hinderliter, Cassandra G. Mott, V. Parker Pritchett, Anthony J. Campiti, Barbara-Ellen Gaffney, Jason Patrick Loden, James C. Morriss III, Leslie Reynolds, William J. Schuerger, Minator Azemi, Hunter H. White, Rick Haan, Dan J. Hopper, Craig Carpenter, and Robert H. Saunders.
Winners were selected by an independent panel of esteemed judges and top business leaders. Criteria for the nominations included a closing date between October 1, 2017 and September 30, 2018 for transactions with a tie to the Greater Houston area. Nomination criteria also included transaction value range, industry focus, type of transaction, and anecdotal commentary on what made the deal unique. The judges evaluated deals based on the parties’ submissions as well as the overall story, economic and strategic impact to the Houston community, stakeholder value, and professional expertise required in executing the transaction. To learn more, visit www.acg.org/houston.