With a unique combination of in-house, government, and private practice experience, Alexandre Bourgeois focuses his practice on environmental and regulatory matters and provides clients with extensive energy industry expertise. His experience includes environmental compliance, audits and internal investigations, upstream and service company representation, offshore operations, development and supply chain matters, environmental permitting and rulemaking, litigation, and due diligence.
Immediately prior to joining Thompson & Knight, Alexandre served as Senior Counsel for Chevron Corporation, where he managed environmental and regulatory compliance in the Southeast United States, Canada, and the Gulf of Mexico as well as environmental and safety matters and decommissioning activities in Indonesia. He previously served as Assistant General Counsel for Hess Corporation, where his responsibilities included global development projects; global supply chain matters; offshore operations in North America, West Africa, Europe, and Asia; compliance training; audits and investigations; and general environmental and regulatory legal issues.
Additionally, Alexandre was in-house with Schlumberger for seven years, where he served as global Chief Environmental, Health, and Safety Counsel and later as General Counsel of New Business covering all legal aspects of the company’s global segment that included subsea services, heavy oil, carbon sequestration, water, and mining. Alexandre began his career as a Staff Attorney for the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, where his responsibilities included advising on industrial wastewater and hazardous waste programs.
- Senior Counsel, Chevron Corporation, Environmental and Safety Law Group, 2018-2020
- Hess Corporation, 2013-2018
- Assistant General Counsel, Global Supply Chain, Development, and Drilling, 2017-2018
- Assistant General Counsel, Global Offshore and Development, 2016-2017
- Assistant General Counsel, Offshore Americas and West Africa (OAWA) and Global Regulatory/Compliance, 2013-2016
- Schlumberger, 2006-2013
- General Counsel, New Businesses, 2010-2013
- Senior EHS Global Counsel, 2006-2010
- Staff Attorney, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, 1993-1997
- Member, State Bar of Texas, 1993-present; International Law Section Council, 2006-2009
- J.D., 1993, The University of Texas School of Law; Articles and Notes Editor, Texas International Law Journal
- B.S., Civil Engineering, 1990, with honors, The University of Texas at Austin; Tau Beta Pi