Catharine Hansard focuses her practice on corporate and securities matters. Catharine’s experience includes advising clients in a variety of industries with respect to mergers and acquisitions, formation of portfolio companies, internal restructurings, private equity fund formation, compliance with securities laws, and other general corporate governance matters.
- Represented Brazos Delaware, LLC in the $1.75 billion sale of its Delaware Basin subsidiaries to Bison Midstream Holdings, LLC, an affiliate of Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Inc.
- Represented Ajax Resources LLC in the sale of its northern Midland Basin assets to Diamondback Energy Inc. for $1.25 billion, consisting of $900 million in cash and 2.58 million shares of Diamondback common stock
- Represented Scout Energy Partners in the formation of Scout Energy Partners IV-A, LP and Scout Energy Partners IV-B, LP, with total commitments of $500 million
- Represented BP Energy Partners in its sale of Pinnacle Midstream gathering and processing system in the Delaware Basin of West Texas to I Squared Capital
- Represented an international menswear clothing brand in the acquisition of intellectual property and inventory of another clothing line
- Represented a Midland-based company focusing on the development of upstream oil and gas assets in the Delaware Basin in its $127 million initial capitalization from a Houston-based energy private equity firm
- Represented Old Ironsides Energy Fund III in the formation of Longhorn Midstream Holdings, LLC, which will pursue midstream development and acquisition opportunities throughout the United States
- Represented Chaparral Energy, L.L.C., an affiliate of Chaparral Energy, Inc., in a Joint Development Agreement with BCE Roadrunner LLC, an affiliate of Bayou City Energy, to finance the drilling of 30 joint wells on Chaparral’s STACK acreage in Canadian and Garfield counties, Oklahoma targeting the Osage, Meramec, and Woodford formations, with a maximum capital commitment of approximately $100 million
- Represented a leading provider of pipeline construction, integrity support, pipe, and vessel coating and insulation services for companies in the oil and gas industry in the approximately $30 million sale of substantially all of its assets to a subsidiary of a publicly traded specialty construction and infrastructure company, with a particular focus on pipelines for natural gas, wastewater, and water
- Law Clerk, Administrative Law Division, Office of the Texas Attorney General, 2014
- Judicial Intern for the Honorable Robert L. Jones, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas, 2014
- J.D., 2016, summa cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law; Lead Articles Editor, Texas Tech Law Review; Order of the Coif; Phi Kappa Phi; Tradition of Excellence Award; Research Assistant, Professor Eric A. Chiappinelli and Professor Dustin Benham
- B.A., 2010, The University of Texas at Austin; J.J. Pickle Research Scholar Program