Gregg Davis counsels clients in the areas of real estate, capital markets, finance, business transactions, and environmental transactions. His experience includes acquisitions, sales, lending, leasing, and brokerage; capital markets (CMBS and CDO), distressed real estate receiverships, sales, and management; and construction.
Gregg adeptly deals with a broad range of commercial real estate issues including conservation easements, wetlands, LEED certification, transfer fees, platting, zoning and entitlements, economic development, partnerships, tenants in common, sports, entertainment, and arts facilities including contracts with governmental entities, disabled access, title insurance coverage, and other issues.
His expertise also includes investigation and remediation of hydrocarbons and hazardous substances including asbestos, as well as environmental liability identification, allocation, and resolution.
Gregg is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Counseled and negotiated leases for retail and general commercial tenant clients with locations across Texas and the U.S.
- Assist with assembling land for multi-use, multi-phase development, including tax increment financing and other governmental economic incentives, establishing community-wide infrastructure and improvements, resolving flood plain and wetlands issues, and establishing restrictions and selling land to developers to continue standards across numerous projects and uses
- Assist with financing many types of real estate, such as mixed-use, office, hotel, retail, industrial, and raw land in transactions including origination, modification, workout, foreclosure, and disposition
- Represented a developer operating primarily in Texas and adjoining U.S. states in connection with the acquisition of retail, office, and apartment sites, major and small tenant leasing, and project sales
- Designed and implemented environmental due diligence programs for the acquisition of, and equity and debt investments in, commercial, industrial, oil and gas, and mining properties
- Assist with leasing office, industrial, and other real estate of virtually all types
- Assisted with refinancing matured debt secured by an office park, including contribution of tenant in common interests to a new borrower entity
- Counseled clients regarding results of due diligence investigations and avoidance of environmental liabilities
- Counseled clients and negotiated matters regarding operations and maintenance programs dealing with asbestos-containing materials
- Assist with real estate litigation analysis and resolution involving parties such as lenders, receivers, developers, buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, title insurance companies, and brokers
- Assist with public and quasi-public facility acquisition, construction, and leasing, including sports facilities (baseball, basketball), arts venues (symphony center, music hall, concert arena, museum), and air and ground transportation facilities
- Represented an owner in connection with negotiating an architect’s agreement and construction contract, counseling regarding construction dispute, and negotiating a settlement agreement to avoid litigation
- Represented the owners of six projects aggregating nearly 3 million square feet in connection with the development of form leases and negotiation of office and retail leases
- Assist with conservation easements, wetlands mitigation banking, LEED Certification
- Assist with construction contracts and architect’s agreements, drafting and dispute resolution
- Assist with development of environmental policies and procedures for clients and implementation thereof by, for example, causing review of environmental assessments in accordance with established standards and obtaining remediation cost reimbursement from the Texas Petroleum Storage Tank Remediation Fund
- Client counseling and negotiation of leases for retail and general commercial tenant clients with locations across Texas and the U.S.
- Assist with matters involving silica sand and gravel mining
- Contaminated property transactions and matters such as:
- Physical and contracted transfer and allocation of property interests and liabilities related to paper manufacturing, chemical manufacturing and other industrial facilities;
- Environmental due diligence plans, drafting and implementation; and
- Environmental liability avoidance
- Client counseling and negotiation regarding the acquisition of retail, office and apartment sites, major and small tenant leasing, and project sales for developer operating primarily in Texas and adjoining states
- Design and implementation of environmental due diligence programs for acquisition of and equity and debt investments in commercial, industrial, oil and gas, and mining properties
- Assist with asbestos-related matters
- Assist with abatement planning and implementation, as well as alleged non-compliance with abatement requirements
- Assist with operations and maintenance programs
- Assist with security monitoring industry contracts and transactions
- Development of environmental policies and procedures for clients and implementation thereof by, for example, causing review of environmental assessments in accordance with established standards and obtaining remediation cost reimbursement from the Texas Petroleum Storage Tank Remediation Fund
- Assist with purchases and sales of portfolios and individual properties including office, hotel, retail, multi-family, industrial, land, and mixed-use properties
- The Best Lawyers in America® by Woodward/White Inc. (Real Estate Law), 2012-2020
- Recommended Attorney, The Legal 500 US by Legalease (Real Estate), 2018-2019
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas; Environmental and Natural Resources and the Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Sections
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Board Certified, Commercial Real Estate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- J.D., 1982, Stanford Law School
- B.B.A., 1978, summa cum laude, Southern Methodist University