Heath DeJean focuses his practice on corporate and securities transactions. His experience includes the representation of underwriters and issuers in a variety of public offerings and private placements, including initial public offerings, follow-on and secondary equity offerings, high-yield and investment-grade debt offerings, acquisition financings, and related capital market and private equity transactions. Heath also represents clients in acquisitions, mergers, and sales; secured financing transactions; and a wide range of other corporate law matters, including the formation of corporations and limited liability companies, drafting resolutions and board consents, corporate governance, employment matters, securities compliance issues, and Exchange Act reporting.
- Represented Basic Energy Services, Inc. in $300 million private placement of senior secured notes
- Represented American Midstream Partners, LP in $300 million private placement of senior unsecured notes
- Represented the Board of Directors of Plains GP Holdings, L.P. in connection with $7.2 billion simplification transaction with Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with the initial public offering of Liberty Oilfield Services Inc.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with $800 million public debt offering of Spectra Energy Partners
- Represented American Industrial Partners in $250 million aggregate acquisitions and dispositions
- Represented Wood Group PSN, Inc. in $150 million acquisition of industrial construction and maintenance contractor for the hydrocarbon processing, midstream, and industrial gas industries
- Represented Bristow Group Inc. in connection with multiple senior secured term loan equipment financings, aggregating $430 million, secured by helicopters
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- J.D. and Bachelor of Civil Law, 2015, magna cum laude, Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Order of the Coif; Production Editor, Louisiana Law Review; Chancellor’s Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award
- B.A., 2007, Hendrix College