James Zhu focuses his practice on regulatory and administrative law, with an emphasis on state and federal energy regulation. As part of that practice, he has represented clients in contested cases before state agencies such as the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Texas Railroad Commission and in appeals before state and federal courts.
Ranked among the top firms in Texas for Energy: State Regulatory & Litigation in Chambers USA 2019 by Chambers and Partners
More than 60 years of Firm experience representing clients before federal, state, and local entities
- One to Watch, The Best Lawyers in America® by Woodward/White Inc. (Administrative/Regulatory Law), 2021
- J.D., 2016, cum laude, Harvard Law School; Harvard Law Review
- B.B.A., 2013, with high honors, The University of Texas at Austin
- B.A., 2013, with high honors, The University of Texas at Austin
- U.S. Ct. of App., Fifth Circuit