Jana Benson Wight focuses her practice on corporate, partnership, nonprofit, and certain cross-border tax matters. She provides clients with tax planning advice on mergers and acquisitions, the operation and dispositions of partnerships and limited liability companies, and private equity transactions.
Jana also counsels clients on the organization, operation, and termination of nonprofit corporations, and obtaining and maintaining exemptions for these organizations from federal income, state franchise, and sales and use taxes.
More attorneys selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020 in the practice areas of Tax Law than any other firm in Texas
Ranked among the top five firms in Texas for Tax in Chambers USA 2020 by Chambers and Partners
Ranked among the top firms in the nation for Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation, and Retirement Plans – Design; U.S. Taxes: Contentious; U.S. Taxes: Non-Contentious; and International Tax in The Legal 500 US 2020 by Legalease
- One to Watch, The Best Lawyers in America® by Woodward/White Inc. (Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Tax Law), 2021
- Member, State Bar of Texas; Tax Section
- Member, Junior League of Dallas
- Member, Leadership Arts Institute, 2020-2021
- LL.M., 2016, New York University School of Law
- J.D./D.C.L., 2015, cum laude, Louisiana State University; Paul M. Hebert Law Center; Paul M. Hebert Scholar; Chancellor’s Scholar
- B.S., 2012, Louisiana State University