Jimmy Irish’s practice includes the representation of insurance companies, pension plan managers, foundations, and other financial institutions and managers with respect to their equity and debt oil and gas investments. He has also represented energy companies in connection with project financings, joint ventures, and similar matters. In addition, Jimmy has represented banks and other financial institutions with issues of revolving credit, project, term, and other oil and gas loans.
His expertise includes limited partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures and general partnerships, production payments, net profit interests, and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).
- Represented numerous financial institutions with respect to their private placements and other investments; representation of various businesses in connection with their corporate, securities, and banking matters
- The Best Lawyers in America® by Woodward/White Inc. (Corporate Law); 1987-2018
- Texas Super Lawyers® by Thomson Reuters (Energy & Natural Resources, Securities & Corporate Finance); 2003-2004, 2006-2011
- Member, Texas Bar Association; Corporation, Banking, and Business Law Section, Banking Laws Committee, 1974-1982; and Oil, Gas, and Mineral Law Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association; Professional Services Committee, 1979-1983; Chairman, Arbitration Subcommittee, 1980-1983
- Member, Lawyers Committee of Association of Bank Holding Companies, 1972-1981
- Member, American College of Investment Counsel
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
- J.D., 1969, SMU Dedman School of Law; Associate Editor, Journal of Air Law and Commerce; Associate Director, Moot Court Board
- B.B.A., 1966, Texas Tech University
- Non-Practicing Status with the State Bar of Texas