Leslie Smith assists attorneys in the Firm’s Corporate and Securities, Finance, and Tax Practice Group in a variety of matters. Her experience includes the preparation of corporate and governance documents related to the formation, qualification, withdrawal, merger, or dissolution of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. She also prepares certifications, resolutions, waivers, and minutes as well as organizes and maintains clients’ corporate records.
Leslie’s expertise includes due diligence in connection with mergers, acquisitions, asset and stock sales, debt restructurings, private placements, and venture capital funding. She has assisted with the development and maintenance of private equity funds, including entity formations; receipt, review, and handling of subscription agreements; filing of SEC-related forms; and preparation and distribution of closing documents. Leslie also drafts opinion letters for the transfer of restricted/unrestricted stock and the exercise of stock options. She is also skilled in real estate and banking document preparation and recording, and in the management, distribution, and closing of estates pursuant to the Texas Estates Code.
- Noble Energy, Inc.
- Compliance Coordinator, Global Compliance, 2014-2019
- Senior Paralegal, Legal, 2012-2014
- Paralegal, Thompson & Knight LLP, 1998-2012
- Member, Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member, Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)
- Notary Public in and for the State of Texas
- B.S., Business Management, 2005, with honors, University of Phoenix