Matt Alexander represents clients in lending and structured finance matters, including oil and gas asset-based transactions. He advises financial institutions and business entities in financial transactions, including acquisition financing, asset-based lending, equity financing, and securitizations.
Matt also has experience handling in and out-of-court bankruptcy and restructuring matters. He has represented creditors and bankruptcy trustees in complex corporate reorganizations and bankruptcy litigation throughout the United States and abroad.
Ranked among the top firms in Texas for Banking and Finance in Chambers USA 2019 by Chambers and Partners
Consistently ranked as one of the top financing firms in the United States in The League Tables published by Loan Pricing Corporation
National ranking for Banking and Finance Law in “Best Law Firms” 2019 by U.S. News-Best Lawyers®
- Judicial Intern for the Honorable Jeff Bohm, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas, 2014
- Full Committee Intern, United States House of Representatives Committee on the Judiciary, Washington, D.C., 2013
- J.D., 2016, with honors, The University of Texas School of Law; Articles Editor, Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law
- B.A., 2013, Southern Methodist University; SMU Student Senate; Executive Committee Member, Sigma Chi
- U.S. Dist. Ct., E. Dist. Texas
- U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. Texas
- U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. Texas
- U.S. Dist. Ct., W. Dist. Texas