Melissa Davis focuses her practice on appellate law and litigation, including oral argument and briefing in the appellate courts and strategic dispositive motions, preservation of error, jury charges, and judgments in the trial courts. She has participated in appeals in the United States Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of Texas, and the Texas and federal courts of appeals. She has also represented clients in trial courts across Texas. Melissa has worked at both the Texas Supreme Court and the First Court of Appeals in Houston.
Melissa is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Received a top national ranking for Appellate Law in U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” 2019
- Attorney for the Honorable Jeffrey S. Boyd, Justice, Texas Supreme Court, 2013-2015
- Attorney for the Honorable Harvey G. Brown, First Court of Appeals, 2011-2013
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Don R. Willett, Justice, Texas Supreme Court, 2005-2006
- Texas Rising Stars® by Thomson Reuters (Appellate), 2018-2019
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Civil Appellate Law Advisory Commission
- National Center for State Courts, Lawyers Committee
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Austin Bar Appellate Section Council
- Member, Houston Bar Association, Civil Appellate Law Section
- J.D., 2004, with honors, The University of Texas School of Law; Texas Law Review; Teaching Quizmaster; William O. Huie Endowed Presidential Scholarship; Bob Gibbins Endowed Presidential Scholarship; Keith Morrison Endowed Presidential Scholarship
- B.S., 2001, magna cum laude, Texas A&M University; Distinguished Student Award (Liberal Arts); Vice President of Alpha Chi Omega
- U.S. Ct. of App., First Circuit
- U.S. Ct. of App., Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Ct. of App., Second Circuit
- U.S. Dist. Ct., E. Dist. Texas
- U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. Texas
- U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. Texas
- U.S. Dist. Ct., W. Dist. Texas
- U.S. Supreme Ct.