Michael Jo is a transactional attorney and investment professional with an established track record of successfully originating and managing equity and debt investments. He has more than 19 years of experience structuring, negotiating, and closing complex commercial real estate transactions, while developing and strengthening client relationships.
Michael represents investment companies, banks, and REITs and is a trusted advisor to C-level executives on legal and business risks. His real estate investment experience includes mortgage and mezzanine financing, as well as preferred equity and equity investing. He also has significant experience counseling lenders, special servicers, and investors with respect to workouts and investment management.
Michael has a deep understanding of the legal and business issues that arise at both the commercial real estate loan and securitization transaction levels, including the legal aspects of post-securitization matters that include interactions with servicers and trustees.
- Managing Director and Head of Real Estate Finance – Legal, Kroll Bond Rating Agency Inc., 2018
- Managing Director and Head of Legal, Annaly Commercial Real Estate Group Inc., 2013-2017
- Co-Manager of Credit Investments, KSL Capital Partners LLC, 2011-2013
- Consultant – Real Estate Credit Opportunity Investment Group, Fortress Investment Group, 2011
- CWCapital LLC
- Portfolio Manager – Debt Fund and Balance Sheet Investments, 2008-2010
- Vice President and Assistant General Counsel – Transaction Management and Special Servicing, 2006-2009
- J.D., 2000, New York University School of Law
- B.A., 1997, summa cum laude, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- New York