Mitch Gibbons focuses her practice on securities regulation and compliance, with a particular emphasis on investment adviser, broker-dealer, and private investment fund matters. She counsels private equity funds, hedge funds, real estate funds, energy funds, funds of funds, and registered investment companies on organizational, regulatory, compliance, and transactional matters as well as advises companies and investors in related transactions. Mitch also advises clients on a wide range of regulatory issues, including the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, advertising and social media, anti-money laundering, crowdfunding, cybersecurity, trading, execution, custody, privacy, disaster recovery, insider trading, and international securities matters.
Mitch is a frequent speaker at national and industry conferences and contributor to several industry publications.
- “Lawyers on the Fast Track,” H Texas Magazine; 2009, 2010
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Houston Advisory Board, Tahirih Justice Center
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, Harvard University Club
- Member, 100 Women in Hedge Funds
- Member, Wall Street Women
- J.D., 1998, New York University School of Law; Law Review: Annual Survey of American Law
- M.P.P., 1995, Harvard University Kennedy School of Government; Harvard Journal of Hispanic Policy
- B.A., 1993, magna cum laude, Trinity University
- New York