Neely Munnerlyn focuses her practice on employee benefits, executive compensation, and taxation. She counsels clients on compliance with ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, and other federal laws relating to qualified retirement plans, welfare plans, equity incentive plans, executive compensation arrangements, and nonqualified deferred compensation programs. Neely also assists clients with benefit plan implementation and administration, advises clients on fiduciary matters, and counsels clients on employee benefit and executive compensation issues that arise in connection with mergers and acquisitions. Neely’s clients include charitable and other tax-exempt organizations, individuals, and large and small private and public companies in a variety of industries.
Neely is recognized as a Recommended Attorney in The Legal 500 US 2015, 2017, and 2018 and according to clients, she “provides excellent advice” on employee benefit plans (The Legal 500 US 2015).
Dallas attorneys “Top Listed” in Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019
More than 20 years of Tax and Employee Benefits Law experience
- Recommended Attorney, The Legal 500 US by Legalease (Labor and Employment: Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, Tax: Domestic Tax, Labor and Employment: Employee Health and Retirement Plans), 2015, 2017-2018
- Best Lawyers in Dallas (Tax: ERISA/Employee Benefits), D Magazine, 2014, 2016-2017
- Texas Rising Stars® by Thomson Reuters (Employee Benefits/ERISA), 2004-2006, 2009, 2011-2013
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- J.D., 1998, magna cum laude, University of Houston Law Center, Articles Editor, Houston Law Review, 1997-1998; Order of the Barons, Phi Delta Phi
- B.A., 1995, magna cum laude, Texas A&M University