Richard Hemingway focuses his practice on oil and gas matters. He represents exploration and production companies, midstream companies, and private equity groups with agreements relating to exploration and production activities and the acquisition and divestitures of oil and gas properties. Richard also has extensive experience in all aspects of title due diligence, title examinations, and title opinions, including those related to drilling, production, acquisitions, and finance.
Named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2014-2019 by Woodward/White Inc.
Serves on the Board of Advisors of the Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law (TJOGEL), The University of Texas School of Law
- The Best Lawyers in America® by Woodward/White Inc. (Natural Resources Law, Oil and Gas Law), 2014-2020
- “Recommended Attorney,” The Legal 500 US by Legalese (Industry Focus: Energy: Transactions: Oil and Gas), 2016-2018
- Texas Super Lawyers® by Thomson Reuters (Energy & Natural Resources), 2012-2019
- Who’s Who in Energy, Houston Business Journal, 2014
- Board of Advisors, Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law (TJOGEL), The University of Texas School of Law
- Member, State Bar of Texas; Oil, Gas and Energy Law Section
- Member, Houston Bar Association; Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section
- Member, American Association of Professional Landmen
- Member, Greater Houston Partnership; Oil & Gas Subcommittee
- J.D., 1979, SMU Dedman School of Law
- B.A., 1976, The University of Texas at Austin
- U.S. Ct. of App., Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. Texas