Robert Eickenroht focuses his practice on merger and acquisition transactions, corporate and partnership law, equities, energy, and water.
His experience includes mergers; asset and stock purchases and dispositions; private placements; venture capital and private equity financings; structuring and forming partnerships, joint ventures, and strategic alliances; offshore drilling projects; power generation, transmission, distribution, and marketing activities and derivatives; gas storage, transmission, distribution, and marketing activities and derivatives; the refining/processing and marketing of oil, gas, and natural gas liquids; the development, purchase, and sale of renewables businesses; and the development, purchase, and sale of water-related assets.
Robert has represented clients in a variety of industries, including aircraft, automobile dealerships, cable, radio and telecom, energy and energy marketing and trading, environmental, equipment and tools, farm and ranch, hotels and casinos, HVAC, manufacturing, oil and gas, public utilities, and service companies.
Robert previously served as a Vice President and Assistant General Counsel of a Fortune 10 diversified energy company. He has spoken on numerous corporate and energy-related topics, including mergers and acquisitions, gas gathering and processing, public utilities (mergers, disaggregation structures, and power marketing), electric and gas energy markets, and the Public Utility Holding Company Act.
Named “Law Firm of the Year” in Natural Resources Law (2018) and in Oil & Gas Law (2011-2013, 2015, 2017) by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”
Honored among the top firms in Texas for Corporate/M&A in Chambers USA 2019 by Chambers and Partners
- Development of U.S.-based natural gas storage facilities
- Restructuring of UK-based LNG and gas storage projects and the corporate structuring for a U.S.-based joint venture LNG project
- Offshore GOM oil and gas investments, acquisitions, financings, and joint ventures, including leases and assignments, exploration and participation agreements, offshore operating agreements, production handling agreements, drilling and production systems, and related facilities
- Natural gas and crude oil gathering and transportation agreements
- Natural gas processing agreements
- Pipeline acquisitions and developments
- Acquisition of a refinery and the acquisition, sale, and joint venture of more than 15 gas processing plants (including MTBE and Methanol)
- Acquisition of an electric public utility in the United States
- Acquisitions and sales of power plants
- Development of innovative power and gas trading contracts and strategic energy alliances
- Restructurings of PURPA qualifying facilities (cogeneration)
- Development and sale of renewables businesses (solar and wind)
- Acquisitions and restructurings involving publicly traded MLPs
- Formation, private placement fundings, and initial public offering of a national retail provider of gas, electricity, and other commodities and services
- Acquisition of a paper and print business
- Acquisition of a public water utility in the UK
- Development, acquisitions, and sales of water rights and related assets in Texas
- Investments in and acquisitions of cable, radio, and telecommunications companies
- Consolidation of various HVAC businesses
- Sale of a specialty alloys company
- Representation of a UK-based joint venture for helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft, and related services on a worldwide basis
- Acquisitions and sales of environmental-related businesses
- Acquisitions and sales of nine hotels and casinos
- Acquisitions of automobile dealerships
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- J.D., 1986, cum laude, University of Houston Law Center
- B.B.A., 1983, The University of Texas at Austin