Steve has an active trial and appellate practice, primarily involving employment, non-compete/unfair competition, commercial, and regulatory issues. He also represents clients in state and federal administrative-agency adjudicatory proceedings and related lawsuits.
According to clients quoted in Chambers USA 2016, Steve “draws on his vast knowledge of the law, years of litigation experience, and his practical experience in applying the law to quickly get to the heart of any matter.” He is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Law Clerk, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1974-1975
- Chambers USA by Chambers and Partners (Labor and Employment Law), 2006-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America® by Woodward/White Inc. (Employment Law-Management, Labor and Employment Law, Litigation-Labor and Employment), 1995-2021
- Recommended Attorney, The Legal 500 US by Legalease (Labor and Employment: Labor and Employment Disputes (Including Collective Actions) – Defense), 2016
- Texas Super Lawyers® by Thomson Reuters (Employment Litigation: Defense, Employment & Labor, Business Litigation), 2003-2019
- Top 100 Dallas/Fort Worth Region, Texas Super Lawyers® by Thomson Reuters, 2015
- Dallas Litigation-Labor & Employment Lawyer of the Year, The Best Lawyers in America® by Woodward/White Inc., 2013
- Member, American Law Institute
- Member, American Bar Association; Labor and Employment Law Section; Litigation Section
- Member, Scribes: The American Society of Writers on Legal Subjects
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- J.D., 1974, with honors, The University of Texas School of Law; Articles and Book Review Editor, Texas Law Review, 1973-1974
- B.A., 1971, with high distinction, Pennsylvania State University; Phi Eta Sigma, Phi Alpha Theta, Phi Kappa Phi, Pi Sigma Alpha, and Phi Beta Kappa scholastic honorary fraternities
- Texas Supreme Ct.
- U.S. Ct. of App., Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Ct. of App., Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Dist. Ct., E. Dist. Oklahoma
- U.S. Dist. Ct., E. Dist. Texas
- U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. Texas
- U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. Texas
- U.S. Dist. Ct., W. Dist. Texas
- U.S. Supreme Ct.