Thompson & Knight regularly advises clients regarding board duties; committee structure; and governance laws, regulations, and best practices.
Our governance team advises boards and management teams on all aspects of governance and oversight, including:
- Fiduciary and other duties applicable to corporations, LLCs, and partnerships;
- Fiduciary duties in M&A transactions and conflict-of-interest situations;
- Board and board committee representation;
- Special committees for litigation and for corporate and MLP transactions;
- Internal investigations and whistleblower claims;
- Corporate oversight and risk management, including cybersecurity;
- Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, Dodd-Frank, stock exchange rules, and other legal requirements;
- Incentive compensation plans and senior executive employment contracts; and
- Insurance coverage and D&O policy analysis.
Received a national first-tier ranking for Corporate Law in U.S. News-Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” 2019
Honored among the top firms in Texas for Corporate/M&A in Chambers USA 2019 by Chambers and Partners
Recognized for superior client service in The BTI Client Service A-Team 2019: The Survey of Law Firm Client Service Performance for nine years in a row