Many interested parties seek to purchase assets from a bankruptcy, whether through an auction or a negotiated transaction, and Thompson & Knight’s attorneys can assist in such acquisitions from companies in bankruptcy.
We have represented asset purchasers in oil, gas, and energy cases and in real property cases, as well as the purchase of personal property and the financing of purchases. Our attorneys are experienced in crafting bid procedures motions and orders, organizing data rooms, and dealing with environmental concerns relating to the purchase and sale of assets. Thompson & Knight’s bankruptcy attorneys are especially skilled at buying and selling oil and gas and other energy assets in and out of bankruptcy.
- Represented a ceramic tile manufacturing company in the purchase of assets, including a $20 million manufacturing facility, from a competitor in bankruptcy
- Assisted in the acquisition of assets of an oil and gas company by means of a competing plan of reorganization
- Represented the purchaser of South American pipeline assets from indirect Enron subsidiaries
- Represented EnCap Investments LLC in its acquisition of the Michael Petroleum assets
- Represented a distribution company acquiring a failing competitor; sale was approved by the bankruptcy court within 10 days of the bankruptcy filing
- Represented a client in the acquisition of a crane company in bankruptcy
- Represented numerous parties in the acquisition of intellectual property from bankruptcy estates
- Represented a client in the acquisition of over $100 million of subprime automobile paper
- Represented a client in the acquisition of technology in the Mobile Star Chapter 11 case
- Represented a client in the acquisition of a movie retailer in the Blockbuster Chapter 11 case