Thompson & Knight attorneys represent businesses and investors in all aspects of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, consolidations, combinations, and asset sales, and the Firm has represented participants in some of the largest recent energy industry transactions.
The Firm’s “talented team” is known for its “particular focus on the representation of energy and natural resources companies.” – Chambers USA 2019
Honored among the top firms in Texas for Corporate/M&A in Chambers USA 2020 by Chambers and Partners
- Represented Silver Hill Energy Partners in its $2.4 billion sale to RSP Permian Inc., which set “a new high-water mark” for Delaware Basin transactions
- Represented Yates Petroleum Corporation in its $2.4 billion merger with EOG Resources, Inc.
- Represented the Conflicts Committee of American Midstream Partners LP in its $2 billion merger with JP Energy Partners LP
- Represented Roan Holdings, LLC in the formation of Roan Resources Inc. through a consolidation of Roan Holdings, LLC and publicly traded Linn Energy Inc.’s respective 50% interests in Roan Resources LLC (Winner: ACG-Houston “2018 Oil & Gas Deal of the Year (More than $500MM)”)
- Represented Indonesian state-owned oil and gas company Pertamina in the $1.75 billion acquisition of ConocoPhillips’ Algerian Business Unit, ConocoPhillips Algeria Limited
- Represented Brazos Delaware, LLC in the $1.75 billion sale of its Delaware Basin subsidiaries to Bison Midstream Holdings, LLC, an affiliate of Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Inc.
- Represented Halcón Resources Corporation in the $1.4 billion sale of its operated assets in the Williston Basin to an affiliate of Bruin E&P Partners, a portfolio company of Arclight Capital Partners
- Represented Ajax Resources LLC in the sale of its northern Midland Basin assets to Diamondback Energy Inc. for $1.25 billion, consisting of $900 million in cash and 2.58 million shares of Diamondback common stock
- Represented Fieldwood Energy LLC in the acquisition of SandRidge Energy, Inc.’s Gulf of Mexico and Gulf Coast business unit for a net cash payment of approximately $705 million and the assumption of approximately $370 million in abandonment liabilities, for a total transaction size of approximately $1.075 billion
- Represented Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation in the acquisition of oil and gas assets in Oklahoma from Chesapeake Energy Corp. for $1.02 billion
- Represented Fisterra Energy, a subsidiary of The Blackstone Group, in the $900 million sale of the Mexican holding companies of Ventika, Mexico’s largest onshore wind farm and one of the largest wind farms in Latin America
- Represented EnerVest Ltd. in its acquisition from Range Resources Corp. of its Nora natural gas properties in Virginia for $876 million
- Represented Samsung C&T, a Seoul-based construction, engineering, and trading unit of the Korean conglomerate, in its approximately $800 million purchase, along with Korea National Oil Corporation, of Parallel Petroleum LLC of Texas
- Represented Carrier Energy Partners, LLC in its $775 million sale, along with Panther Energy Company II, LLC, of Permian Basin assets to RKI Exploration & Production LLC, a subsidiary of WPX Energy
- Represented a subsidiary of one of the largest conglomerates in South Korea in its $300 million purchase of assets producing (operated) and non-producing assets in Oklahoma from two different sellers as well as its $60 million purchase of non-operated working interest in the Permian Basin from a separate seller
- Represented STEP Energy Services Ltd. in its $275 million acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding capital stock of Tucker Energy Services Holdings, Inc. (Finalist: ACG-Houston “2018 Oil & Gas Deal of the Year (Between $100MM – $500MM))
- Represented CEPSA in the acquisition of a floating storage and offloading (FSO) vessel for use in the Gulf of Thailand
- Represented South Korea-based Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co., Ltd. in its acquisition from Platte River Ventures LLC of ACT Independent Turbo Services, Inc., a leading independent full-service gas and steam turbine repair company focused on large frame turbines for power and industrial end users
- Represented Oil India Limited in the $85 million acquisition of a 50% interest in WorldAce Investments, a Cypress-based wholly owned subsidiary of PetroNeft Resources, a UK-traded company based in Ireland
- Represented the U.S. subsidiary of one of the world’s largest manufacturers of chemicals and oil products in the $27 million acquisition of three gas turbine electric generator sets