Thompson & Knight trial attorneys represent manufacturers of airplanes, trucks, buses, trains, and automobiles in transportation-related matters. We assist clients in seeking to address issues proactively, including training supervisors and operations employees on compliance strategies that can prevent litigation.
Thompson & Knight trial attorneys represent manufacturers of airplanes, trucks, buses, trains, and automobiles in transportation-related matters.
We also represent numerous commercial carriers in service or product failure and premises liability cases, defending businesses and individual employees at trial against claims alleging negligence, defective conditions, inadequate security, and failure to warn or correct.
Our attorneys assist clients in seeking to address issues proactively, including training supervisors and operations employees on compliance strategies that can prevent litigation.
TK represents governmental authorities, investment funds, banks and other financiers, prime and sub-contractors, developers, owners, architects, and engineers involved in the development and construction of highways, commercial buildings, offshore oil rigs and pipelines, and many other projects and facilities related to the transportation industry.
In the last decade, our attorneys have worked on transportation-related matters and projects, and disputes across the U.S. and globally from Africa to Australia.
- Transportation: Air Carriers – Served as counsel to several major air carriers in federal multidistrict and state court litigation and damage trials arising out of domestic and foreign air carrier accidents
- Transportation: Roads and Bridges – Representation of numerous transportation-related matters, including defense of leading national builder and developer against claims that it built defective roads on an East Coast resort property
- Transportation: Defense of Automobile Design and Manufacture – Defense of automobile, truck, bus, train, elevator and escalator manufacturers in product liability cases
- Transportation: Defense of Automotive Roof and Fuel Systems – Defense of automobile designer and manufacturer in cases involving vehicle rollover accidents and post-accident fuel-fed fires
- Transportation: Defense of Automotive Brakes and Braking Systems – Secured a dismissal for a manufacturer of automotive brakes in claims involving an alleged failure of a bus parking brake resulting in a pedestrian crushed between two buses
- Transportation: Defense of Automobile Safety Restraint Systems – Defended a Fortune 500 national manufacturer of automotive seat belts in two month-long jury trials against claims that ejection from a vehicle allegedly caused paraplegia, resulting in one hung jury and then a defense verdict for TK’s client
- Vertical Transportation – Defense of manufacturers of elevators, escalators and products involved in the transportation of people, including serious personal injury and wrongful death claims