At Thompson & Knight, diversity is a core value that benefits our Firm culture, the communities in which we work, and the clients we proudly serve. We recognize that diverse teams foster a more creative work environment, produce more effective results, and are key to the delivery of excellent client service. To that end, we are committed to achieving greater diversity and inclusion within our law firm and the legal profession.
The Thompson & Knight 1L Diversity Fellowship Program has been established to invest in outstanding diverse law students by providing important resources, including work experience, networking, and mentoring to enhance opportunities for success.
- Paid 1L Summer Associate position in one of our domestic offices
- Educational stipend of up to $20,000 to help defray costs associated with educational expenses
- Participation in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) 1L Scholars Summit (June 2-4, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia) as Thompson & Knight’s LCLD Scholar
- Mentoring and training opportunities throughout the year
We welcome applications from all 1L law students who:
- Are enrolled full-time in an ABA-accredited law school with an anticipated graduation date of 2022
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to Thompson & Knight’s diversity and inclusion goals as a result of their background (including cultural, social, and economic), experience, personal attributes, or characteristics
- Will not be the recipient of a diversity scholarship award/stipend from another law firm paid between January 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020
- Are a U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States
- Online application completed by January 6, 2020
- First semester law school grades (when available)
“At Thompson & Knight, we place a high emphasis on diversity in our workplace and are committed to the creation and maintenance of an atmosphere of respect and equality. Our Diversity & Inclusion Committee strives to promote a culture of inclusion in all areas of the Firm that, in turn, helps us provide outstanding service to our clients.”
More than half of TK Associates are gender and/or ethnically diverse