Our exploration and production advice regularly covers even the most specialized activities such as:
- negotiations, drafting, and interpretation of the full range of oil and gas contracts;
- the acquisition of host government contracts;
- leases/licenses, concessions, production sharing agreements, and service contracts; and
- acquisition, divestments, and merger agreements;
- market value and royalty deductions;
- surface use and damages issues;
- lease interpretations, including continuous drilling clauses;
- horizontal and vertical relinquishments;
- limitation on title;
- instruments of ratification;
- title curative and trespass to try title actions;
- accounting procedure (COPAS) negotiations, drafting, and interpretation; and
- farm-in and farm-out transactions both in the U.S. and internationally.
The ability to provide effective in-depth analysis and counsel has been developed in Thompson & Knight’s oil and gas attorneys through years of experience, both in-house as industry counsel and through the private practice of law.